Many businesses have remote sales teams, and those teams are generally kitted out to work effectively on the road. For a sole trader, it isn’t always as easy to get work done outside the office, nor is it cost effective to carry everything you might need in a pinch.
So how do you work on a client site? How are you planning to take minutes? Or create invoices and mark down expenses? Sure, you can take a pen and paper, but it’s an old-fashioned way to get around the problem when we have so much technology at our disposal.
And while you could take your laptop to the client’s office, will you have a back-up plan if you can’t get on the WiFi?
How many times have you taken your laptop on holiday, only to realise there’s no internet access in the hotel? Perhaps it offered an old-fashioned dialup connection, and the only connection option is a mobile signal; not much use for laptop.
Perhaps you’ve visited a client site where you’ve put in a support call to get the logon details. By the time you’re done with your meeting, the ticket hasn’t been answered, and you’ve had to make notes offline instead.
For most remote workers, connectivity is their big essential. Just carrying a laptop is not enough. In some cases, it can even weigh you down.
The vast majority of workers need:
– A device that’s easy to carry, whether they’re in the car, on a bus or on a plane
– A device that won’t slow them down at airport security
– Access to the applications they normally use (not watered down mobile versions)
– The ability to connect to their computer without WiFi
– Military grade encryption, and two factor authentication, to keep prying eyes out of their business
– The ability to work ‘on the spot’, rather than complete paperwork work home to process at night
– The ability to use more than one device to access the same things
Cloud computing answers some of those requirements, but it can still leave you short if you drop your laptop in a puddle. But if you’ve invested in a hosted desktop, all your data is there – regardless of the device you’re connecting on.
You can even work on a hosted desktop using your phone over a 4G connection.
Why else would you opt for a hosted desktop to work on site with a client?
– If your laptop gets lost or stolen, all you’ve lost is the physical machine
– Your data is backed up in our data centre, so you can leave it to us to look after it – no matter where you are
– We’re your technical support team, so you don’t need to worry about your client’s support team sorting out problems
– You don’t have to worry about an upgrade wrecking your machine, since we take care of all of that for you
There are dozens of applications for hosted desktops. Mobile nail technicians, surveyors, musicians and accountants all get more done when they work in the cloud.
Move Your Business Forward
Cloud4 understands that businesses have changing needs. Working at a remote site requires a flexible solution, which is exactly what we offer with hosted desktop. We do all this without losing the personal touch that so many of our customers value.
From a one-person start-up to a multi-site enterprise, cloud computing and hosted desktops offer a proven increase in productivity. To find out how to upgrade, swiftly and easily, ring Cloud4 for a chat today.